Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Thomas's Village

Sitting with my boy again and thinking about going home soon (hopefully only a few more days). 
As you can see he is thrilled about the idea!!

After my last post about how the NICU isn't an awesome place to be, I felt like I left something out. The nurses! While I don't like this place, the nurses that we have had have been extraordinary. They have turned what could have been a very dark, scary experience into one that was handle-able (easy, grammar police - poetic license). We will leave here with new members of our village and people that I will never forget. They are a part of Thomas's story and are like his own personal super heroes. It will be strange to be home and not have someone constantly there to ask a question to or advice from. They have had to deal with an endless line of questioning from me and have taught us to cath and really just taught us a lot. I will miss them all dearly. Luckily I have the NICU number memorized...

No comments:

Post a Comment