Saturday, July 19, 2014

Good days

Today was a good day. That is not to say that yesterday wasn't or the even the day before, but today was a good day! I know that there will be bad days, even shitty days, along this journey. There will be days that are dark and confusing and full of questions and whys that can't be answered, so in those times I hope to be able to look back and find the good days too. To know that bad days don't last forever and the good days will come again. Hopefully this blog will help my memory in those times, so remind me to catch and write about the good ones! 

Today we went to see Thomas early and he was still soundly sleeping, mainly feeling the effects of the anesthesia still. The doctors came to do rounds and said that he was looking good and we could try to feed him and hold him today....good stuff! I got to sit in a chair and pile pillows and blankets on my lap to keep him high enough to stay in line with his EVD level. Then he laid on his belly in my lap. I know that this doesn't seem like much, but it was awesome. I could just sit and have my hands touching him so he knew I was there and there was no plastic barrier between us. I could feel his heat and it just felt nice to be closer to him...good stuff!
After I got to hold him, my milk came in so now I am an official milk factory and can start really stocking up for him...good stuff! Then we had all of his aunt and uncles come visit...that's right ALL of them.....very good stuff! It was such a jolt of love to have them all here. It definitely meant so much to me just to have them here, but they went above and beyond and decorated our corner of the NICU. It made my heart soar to see everything and know that Thomas is now literally surrounded by family and love even when we aren't standing there....awesome stuff!!
Thomas' little corner of the world is beautiful and filled with love!! He also started trying to eat today. Up to this point he has only had sugar water through an IV, but we got the go ahead to try some of my milk. So we propped him up on his side and gave him some milk, which he gobbled down...excellent stuff!! 

Like I said, it was such a good day. Please remind me to read this on a bad day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment