Saturday, July 12, 2014

Date is set

Sorry for the delay in this post, just been busy getting everything together. We have an official time of surgery and date. Thursday, July 17 at 10:00 am, I will have a C-section to welcome Thomas Flach into our world. It is nice to have a confirmed date and time. Most likely at this time next week (Saturday) he will be recovering from his closure surgery on his back - we have a block in the OR schedule for Saturday morning if everything goes to plan and there is no emergency situation that arises. We had a chance to tour the NICU this past week, which was nice to have a familiarity of the place we will be spending the majority of the time. The nurses and other workers there all seem very nice and patient and it put me at ease a bit more.

My last preggo appointment will be Monday, we will get one last ultrasound and I have an anesthesia consult to prepare for the C-section then the next time we go to Cincinnati we will get to meet Thomas! The emotion of the whole situation still creeps up on me at times, but for the most part, I am ready. I am ready to meet the newest man in my life and get this journey started. To see his face and speak to him and just to know him. We will update the blog as much as we can to keep everyone in the loop with news as it pops up and Thomas pictures when we can!


1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking of you all day and waiting for updates. Love you!
    Corrie

    ReplyDelete