Friday, July 25, 2014

Last Day of the EVD!

Today is the last day we will have an external shunt. I am pretty pumped about this. Any day where we have less tubes that we are relying on, is a day closer to coming home. He will have his shunt surgery tomorrow morning, which I am slightly fearful of, but we will worry about that another time, right now I am thankful that a tube is coming out and hopefully our last surgery will be done by this time tomorrow. The shunt surgery is the most common surgery the neurosurgeons do here, they are very good at 
it and it seems pretty routine, so I am somewhat comfortable with the actual procedure (as comfortable as you can be with brain surgery on your one week old son, I guess). Here are some pictures of the EVD before we say goodbye to it...
So keep Baby Thomas in your thoughts tomorrow morning as we take the next big step in our journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment