Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sweet spot!

I didn't expect this feeling of pure bliss, but I am over the moon to be holding Thomas and just to see him awake!! My heart is happy today! There is still more adventure coming our way. Next Wednesday, the 11th, he goes back to the OR to be scoped again and see how the scar tissue is forming. If they feel that the tissue is constricting his airway, they will dilate it using a balloon. But for now, all that matters is that my sweet baby is back in my arms. As much as I would like to say that hearing all the kids around us make noise (yes, even cry) didn't make me sad and jealous, I can't. I always had a twinge of sadness to see other kiddos in their rooms interacting, but I didn't realize how much I missed Thomas until today when he opened his eyes. The heart-busting joy took me by surprise, but I love it. Thomas also got to FaceTime with his brothers and he responded to their voice! He's definitely back where he belongs!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment