Monday, March 9, 2015

He's done

***NOTE: originally meant to be published Feb 18th. For some reason when I try to publish from my phone it doesn't work correctly***


Thomas is all done with surgery. We spoke with the Dr and everything went well. Here's a picture of his airway before and after and also some pics of the incisions.

We met with the doctor in a little waiting room off of the surgery unit. As I was sitting there, I glanced over and saw a lonely box of tissues on a small table and it occurred to me that some bad news had probably been shared in little rooms like these and those tissues were needed. 
I am very thankful today that those tissues do not have our name on them!! 
We are still waiting to see him. He is being moved to the PICU.  This next part is, as our doctor said, the long boring part. He wants to keep him intubated for about 14 days and there is not a lot to do in the meantime other than pump and sing to him so he knows we are here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment