Monday, March 9, 2015

New baby!!

Thomas has been doing spectacularly well here on the complex airway floor. He is on a normal schedule and we get to play and be unhooked from monitors every day. He's eating like a champ and napping like normal. He does, however, have some pretty remarkable changes since surgery. First and foremost, the stridor is GONE!!! I had to refer back to this post to even remember what it sounded like. Once I heard it, it all came back to me, but here is what he sounds like now...
I can't even believe it! The best part is that due to his ease of breathing now, he has the energy and the desire to do other things. He plays with me and coos at me, these are all new. He was barely able to squeak a smile out at us before because it was so hard for him just to breath, but now he smiles at the silliest little things, just like a little baby should. It is incredible to hear his voice when he coos and laughs. Also he has put on over 3 pounds in the past 2 1/2 weeks because all of his calories no longer just go to breathing. I can't stop taking pictures of him and videos, it seems like such a miracle how much he has changed. As hard as this is, it is already so worth it!

1 comment: